Tutukaka Marina Management Trust Environmental Policy
It is Tutukaka Marina Management Trust’s policy that in the conduct of its operations, it is committed to minimising any adverse effects of our activities and facilities and preserving and protecting the quality of our harbour environment.
Environmental responsibility is an important and growing area of attention. It is also an area of importance to us
To achieve this we will:
- Ensure that environmental considerations are included in all aspects of our operations.
- Applying waste minimisation principles and taking all practicable steps to prevent pollution and other adverse effects from our operations.
- Continually reduce the environmental impact of our activities by conserving the use of raw materials and resources and minimising waste.
- Have systems and procedures in place to deal with waste disposal (including re-cycling) and procedures for dealing with any fuel oil or chemical spills.
- Commit to conserve resources and help in the prevention of pollution by reviewing systems and procedures.
- Complying with all applicable laws, regulations and statutory requirements relating to environmental issues.
- Educating and training to continually improve awareness, skills and knowledge of environmental issues and practices.
- Identifying, investigating and satisfactorily resolving all non-conformances as part of a drive for continuous improvement.
- The Management plan of Tutukaka Marina is designed in an effective manner in order to ensure that incidents and emergencies are handled with the utmost professionalism, should they occur